Saturday, January 9, 2010

Trial Run

We made it to my office! It is 18 degrees with a wind chill of 11. Nathan and I rode about 3.5 to 4 miles to get here and we didn't die!

Don't worry, I have all of my fingers. My hands were fairly cold for about 1.5 miles but at some point I realized that they were actually warm. I consider that quite an accomplishment and I'm pretty proud of my hands right now. My feet were not quite as warm but survived nonetheless.

It took us 45 minutes to get here. We were slowed down quite a bit by some patches of ice that we had to walk through, but no one fell. We also ran into a train crossing which took at least 5 minutes- basically the longest train ever or at least it felt that way when we were standing there in the cold.

Overall, a success. Nathan says my hair looks fine, but that it a debatable point. It's a little on the hat-hair side. I don't feel too sweaty at all and don't think I smell.

I still think we may have lost our minds but I'm going to give it a couple more days.

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment