Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day One - Saturday, January 9, 2010 - 8 degrees, -1 windchill

We have stayed home most the morning but are getting cabin fever so it is time to make our first trial run. Report from Kristin is that she is worried. Her mom and uncle reminded her that she has Reynaud's disease. I have no idea what that is, but it sounds like something that could make her finger fall off in her glove if she gets a sudden bout of the disease while riding. She asked if I would still love her if her fingers fell off in her gloves. I just laughed nervously.

Before I leave, a picture of our gear is in order:






Here is a list of what she is wearing:
From head to foot:
- Helmet
- Balaclava (bank robber head covering)
- Face mask from sports authority
- Clear glasses
- UnderArmour coldgear fitted long sleave shirt with hood
- Windproof, waterproof jacket
- Very thick biking gloves
- Pearl Izumi winter bike pants
- Waterproof pants
- Wool socks, another pair of socks
- Snow boots

Okay, I am burning alive in here so I better get out into that great big freezer in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment